Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
zhangzk Offline

15.08.2019 07:51
Houston’s deep lineup can create all sorts of problems Antworten

Like deciding whether to pitch to Jose Altuve or Carlos Correa.

Correa hit a game-ending RBI single in the 12th inning after Altuve was walked intentionally Daniel Jones Jersey , sending the Houston Astros to a 4-3 win over the Kansas City Royals on Saturday night.

”He’s been a very clutch hitter,” Houston manager A.J. Hinch said. ”I’ve seen that base hit to right-center a handful of times during his short career. It does not surprise me that he put a good swing on a fastball away.”

George Springer led off the 12th with a walk, and Alex Bregman followed with a bloop single into shallow right field that fell between three players. An error by Ryan Goins allowed Springer to advance to third.

”We had the shift on,” Royals first baseman Hunter Dozier said of the bloop single. ”Just perfect placement. We all tried, but we just couldn’t get there.”

After Altuve was awarded first, Correa singled into the gap in right-center against Justin Grimm (1-3).

”You get in that situation you have to intentionally walk one,” Grimm said. ”Bases loaded and no outs, just battling with that guy. He put a good swing on a fastball in the outfield. It happened how it happened.”

Correa said he was trying to drive the ball to get a sacrifice fly or something to the outfield. It was his sixth career game-ending hit and first since August 1, 2016, against Toronto.

”I don’t know how many career walk-offs I have Quincy Williams II Jersey ,” Correa said. ”Every single time they walk Altuve. They walk him because the best hitter in the game is hitting in front of me, but at the same time, it’s not an easy task to walk him and get me out.”

Collin McHugh (3-0) pitched a perfect inning for the win. Houston’s bullpen combined for six shutout innings.

”Everybody up and down the staff, we know that our job is to get outs no matter what time of the game it is called upon us to do it,” McHugh said.

Kansas City carried a 3-2 lead into the ninth, but Houston rallied against Brandon Maurer. After Yuli Gurriel and Josh Reddick singled with one out, Evan Gattis hit a tying sacrifice fly to left. Marwin Gonzalez then walked, but Brian McCann grounded out to end the inning.

The Royals wasted a solid start by Ian Kennedy in their 10th loss in 11 games. Kennedy allowed two runs and four hits in seven innings.

Kansas City jumped in front on Dozier’s three-run homer in the fourth, but Correa hit a sacrifice fly and Gurriel homered to trim the Royals’ lead to 3-2 in the bottom half of the inning.

”Hunter gave us a big lift with the three-run jack,” Kansas City manager Ned Yost said. ”We just couldn’t really muster anything outside of that. If we could just find a way to tack on a run here or there it would be beneficial for us.”

Houston right-hander Lance McCullers Jr. struck out nine in six innings. He permitted four hits and walked two.

ALTUVE MOVING UP THE CHARTS

Altuve tied Terry Puhl for seventh in Astros history with 1 Ryquell Armstead Jersey ,357 hits with his double in the fourth. Altuve tied Bill Doran for ninth place in franchise history with 611 runs when he scored in the fourth.

HE SAID IT

”He’s going to do that 99 times out of 100. He did exactly what I thought he would.” – McHugh on Correa’s game-ending hit.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Royals: 1B Lucas Duda (right foot) was recalled from his rehab assignment with Triple-A Omaha and started at designated hitter. He went 1 for 4 with a ninth-inning single. OF Paulo Orlando was optioned to Omaha to make room on the roster for Duda.

UP NEXT

Royals: RHP Jason Hammel (2-8) will make his 16th start of the season Sunday in the series finale. Hammel has a 2.85 ERA in nine appearances – eight starts – against the Astros.

Astros: RHP Gerrit Cole (8-1) will make his 16th start of the season looking for his seventh straight win. Cole walked a career-high five and allowed four runs for a second straight outing in earning a no-decision Monday against the Rays.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Miami Dolphins enjoyed quite the emotional high last week, defeating despised New England with a double-lateral touchdown that covered 69 yards on the game’s final play to give their long-shot postseason bid a big lift.On the road in Minnesota, Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins, literally, came crashing back to the turf.The Vikings used a career-high 136 rushing yards and two touchdowns by Dalvin Cook to complement a swarming defense that took down Tannehill behind the line of scrimmage nine times for 71 lost yards in a 41-17 victory on Sunday, tying Miami’s franchise record for sacks allowed.“All around, starting with me, we weren’t good enough,” Tannehill said.Tannehill, who left the game against New England briefly because of an ankle injury Gardner Minshew II Jersey , said afterward he felt fine despite the series of collisions he made with the ground throughout the afternoon. Miami’s chance in the AFC wild-card race took the biggest hit, with Baltimore, Indianapolis and Tennessee all winning to move to 8-6 and push the Dolphins (7-7) into ninth place in the conference race.The Dolphins were sacked nine times on Dec. 11, 2011, in a 26-10 loss to Philadelphia, with four against Matt Moore and five on J.P. Losman. They also gave up nine sacks on Oct. 17, 1999, all against Damon Huard after he relieved an injured Dan Marino in a 31-30 victory at New England.Coach Adam Gase, whose team fell to 1-6 on the road this year, put the blame for the awful pass protection largely on the offensive line Christian Wilkins Jersey , running backs and tight ends for not giving Tannehill much of a chance.“We just didn’t block well enough,” Gase said. “We knew what we were in for as far as the pass rush. They just beat us.”The Vikings saved eight of their sacks for the second half, after Kalen Ballage’s 75-yard touchdown run on the first snap of the third quarter pulled the Dolphins within 21-17 after they’d fallen behind 21-0.On first-and-10 from Miami’s 38, Tannehill was sacked for a 9-yard loss by blitzing linebacker Anthony Barr. Defensive end Danielle Hunter took him down for an 8-yard loss on the next play, putting the Dolphins in an extremely difficult third-and-27 situation. Tannehill completed an 8-yard dumpoff to Danny Amendola, and the Dolphins had to punt. On their five possessions following the rookie Ballage’s score, the Dolphins netted a staggering minus-27 yards on 16 plays.“Personally, I played my worst game of the season,” said running back Kenyon Drake, the hero of the previous game after he crossed the goal line following a 52-yard slither and scamper through New England’s secondary. “I let the team down. I missed a couple key blocks on third down. So you’ve got to look yourself in the mirror and be motivated to get better.”No matter what was going to unfold for the Dolphins down the stretch Michael Deiter Jersey , topping that “Miami Miracle” sequence was going to be tough. The way they performed against the Vikings all but cemented that play as the season highlight.Though they fell behind by three touchdowns after Minnesota’s first three possessions, the Dolphins insisted they didn’t carry any emotional hangover with them this week . The way they rallied from the early deficit offered evidence that this was true, but the way they wilted over the final 28 minutes of the game raised plenty of questions about the direction of the team nearing the end of Gase’s third year. After going 10-6 and making the playoffs in his rookie season, the Dolphins are 13-17 over the last two years, albeit with Tannehill missing 21 of those 30 games to injury.The Dolphins have been outscored 218-120 in road games this season. They’re 7-17 away from home under Gase, with 11 losses in their last 12 road games.“From my perspective, the guys did a good job of moving on to prepare for Minnesota and not letting it bleed into the next week,” Tannehill said. “We didn’t come out and execute well from the first snap.”

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz