Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
panxing18 Offline

02.08.2019 08:06
Baker says he believes he was the best cor Antworten

nerback in the draft"The Giants surprised a lot of people with their first first-round pick of the 2019 NFL Draft. They surprised just as many people with their third first-round pick. Just the fact there was a third first-round pick was surprising enough.That pick — Georgia cornerback Deandre Baker — might be the best player the Giants drafted in the first round. Last year https://www.giantsfanshop.com , Baker allowed just 19 receptions on 43 targets (44.2 percent completion rate) and 4.1 yards per target, which was the fourth-best mark in this class. Baker spent most of his time in man coverage — 54.4 percent of his snaps — and allowed a positive play by Expected Points Added on just 33.1 percent of plays in man coverage and his 4.3 yards allowed per snap was third-best in this corner class. All stats courtesy of Sports Info Solutions.With a need opposite Janoris Jenkins — and a potential future replacement for Jenkins needed — Baker projects to be an instant starter on the outside for the Giants.The trade up to pick No. 30 made Baker the only cornerback taken in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft, an accolade he believes he deserves.On his ability as a cornerback“Yes sir,” he said when asked if he was the best cornerback in the draft. “Just by the production I put in, and the consistency throughout the years I played.”“I can play outside or slot,” Baker said. “I can adapt to any situation. Wherever the team needs me to win that’s where I will go.”Does Baker believe himself to be a shutdown corner? “Of course,” he said. “In college, I covered the opposing team’s number one receiver that’s how I got the term shutdown corner,” Baker said when asked what the term “shutdown corner” meant to him.Baker also mentioned he remembers the last touchdown he gave up, a back-shoulder throw from the 1-yard line against TCU in a bowl game. “It was 2016, the only touchdown I gave up in my career.”Sports Info Solutions charting confirms this. SIS has Baker with just one touchdown allowed over his three seasons in Georgia across 85 total targets.On if he expected to be drafted by the Giants“I met with them at the combine but that was my only meeting with them,” Baker said. “I didn’t know they were going to draft me, I’m just happy right now. I just kept faith Giants Customized Color Rush Jerseys , I kept praying. I knew somebody was going to give me a chance. The Giants called and they made my day.”When Baker was asked what it was like to be in the green room at the end of the first round, he responded, “It was a dream come true. I knew one team would call me before the first round was over with. When the Giants traded back up [into the first round], I kind of had a feeling.”On his relationship with fellow Bulldog Lorenzo Carter“I know Lorenzo Carter is probably trying to call me right now,” Baker said. “I have a million calls at one time right now. I’m just waiting to call them when I finish everything. That’s my boy, ever since I stepped on campus at the University of Georgia. My first day on campus he took me under his wing. I played a couple years with him, that’s my boy.”On his expectations for 2019“I just want to come in and work,” Baker said. “Wherever I land at on the depth chart, I’m ready to work. Go out there and compete with the guys and hopefully get a chance to help my team.” Notes and tidbits we might have missed as we grind through the draft process"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17New York Giants News2019 NFL DraftDraft notebook: Penn State is in the New York metropolitan area? New,27commentsNotes and tidbits we might have missed as we grind through the draft processEDTShareTweetShareShareDraft notebook: Penn State is in the New York metropolitan area? Chuck Cook-USA TODAY SportsThe 2019 NFL Draft is less than three weeks away, and teams are still in the process of gathering as much last-minute information as they can. The Draft Process itself is nearing its end as campus Pro Days wrapped up on the fourth with Eastern Washington and Stanford’s Pro Day. From here on in, the bulk of the draft news will be which teams are bringing which prospects in for visits New York Giants T-Shirts , along with speculation on what those visits might mean. Of course the New York Giants are bringing prospects in, and considering they can hope for one of the elite defensive prospects to fall to them, they are looking at them all.Giants look at Drew Lock and Trace McSorleyThe Giants have certainly been doing their due diligence on nearly every quarterback in the 2019 Draft. It isn’t surprising to see Jordan Raanan of ESPN report that they were bringing Missouri quarterback Drew Lock in as a Top 30 visit. Rumors have swirled that Giants head coach Pat Shurmur might be intrigued with Lock’s raw physical tools, and mock drafters have begun selecting him above Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins. However, the following report, that they are using one of their Top 30 visits to bring in Penn State’s Trace McSorley, was certainly a surprise.The Giants have been bringing prospects in for pre-draft visits, so it is understandable that Raanan might have thought that McSorley is a Top 30 visit. However, as he amended in a later tweet, McSorley does not count against the Giants’ 30-player cap on visits. That is important for a few reasons, but the most immediate is that teams are allowed to time and test prospects in local visits.The rules are a bit wonky, stating that if a player comes from within the team city’s “metropolitan area,” and transports themselves https://www.giantsfanshop.com/hats , it does not count towards the total. While the Penn State campus isn’t that far from MetLife Stadium (only about 90 miles), it is only just outside Philadelphia, and is definitely more local for the Eagles.Perhaps the northeast teams are arguing that as a part of the Northeast Megaloplolis they all share a metropolitan area? Other Top 30 visitsThe Giants are bringing some other noteworthy players in for visits in the coming days. The NFL has placed strict rules on those visits, starting with the fact that they count as official visits when the teams transport players to their facilities — which seems to be the distinguishing characteristic of the McSorley visit. When visits are official, teams are allowed to hold medical and written tests, as well as interviews. However, they are not allowed to time prospects or put them through field drills, which they can do on their local pro day. So, let’s get to some visits of note: Quinnen Williams (DT, Alabama) - Reported by Kim JonesJosh Allen (EDGE, Kentucky) - Reported by Adam SchefterNick Bosa (EDGE, Ohio State)Ed Oliver (DT, Houston) Dwayne Haskins (QB New York Giants Hoodie , Ohio State) Daniel Jones (QB, Duke) - It was also widely reported that the Giants traveled to Duke to hold a workout for Jones.Jaylon Ferguson (DL, Louisiana Tech) - Reported by Ryan Dunleavy of NJ Advance Media -Ferguson was not allowed to work out at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine due to an fight outside of a McDonalds his junior year.Dexter Lawrence (DT, Clemson) Taylor Rapp (S, Washington) - Reported by Matt Lombardo of NJ Advance Media P.J. Johnson (DT, Arizona) - Reported by Matt Lombardo of NJ Advance MediaStanford receiver has good dayStanford wide receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside decided to skip the measurable portions of the Scouting Combine. That turned out to be a good decision, as he turned heads with a 4.49-second 40-yard dash. While a 4.49 isn’t “blazing” speed, for a receiver who measures 6-foot-2, 225 pounds, that is a solid time. For reference, Dez Bryant ran a 4.52 and Josh Gordan ran a 4.53 at similar sizes. While his athleticism might not jump off the field, Arcega-Whiteside confirmed that he is impressive for his size.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz