Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 26 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
elaine95 Offline

10.07.2019 08:46
Angels: RHP Jamie Barria Antworten

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — There’s one quarterback at the NFL scouting combine that New York Giants coach Pat Shurmur has absolutely fallen in love with http://www.lionscheapstore.com/jahlani-tavai-jersey-cheap , and it’s not Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock, Daniel Jones or Ryan Finley.It’s Kyle Shurmur, his 22-year-old son who threw 50 touchdowns over the last two seasons for Vanderbilt.“Well, I’m extremely proud of him,” the Giants coach said. “He’s made great decisions. He did an excellent job in high school giving himself the opportunity to go to a place like Vanderbilt. He graduated in 3½ years, helped them win games. He’s a good player.Kyle Shurmur isn’t quite in the same league as the top-flight QBs , but at 6-foot-4 and 225 pounds, a degree in economics and a background that includes a near equal split between under center and shotgun formations over four years in the SEC, he projects as a bona fide pro prospect.Chances are good he’ll be on somebody’s depth chart come fall. Maybe even the Giants’ roster.“I’d be grateful for any opportunity I get,” Kyle said.Even if that means facing his father instead of playing for him.“Any opportunity I get I’ll be really appreciative,” Kyle said.He already has an advantage the other QBs don’t. In preparing for the combine, he received tips not only from his agent, Tom Condon Will Harris Jersey , but he also got plenty of fatherly advice about what to expect.“Growing up I always watched the combine on TV and you only see maybe the bench press, but then you see the on-field drills,” Kyle said, noting it’s so much more than that. “It’s a five-day process. He mentally prepared me for that. My agent and him sort of gave me the scoop of what to expect, five days as opposed to one day.”Of course, Pat Shurmur has been doling out direction all of Kyle’s life.“Everyone thinks he wants me to be a great quarterback,” Kyle said. “I think he wants me to be a great person first and foremost. And I think that’s a foundation for a great quarterback.”An All-Big 10 center at Michigan State, Pat Shurmur never pushed his son to play in the trenches.“No, in fact he said growing up, make sure you play a position where your hand is not in the ground,” Kyle said.Rarely did he talk technique with his son.“I had great coaches at Vanderbilt,” Kyle said. “They coached me hard, coached me well, and he sort of stayed out of it.”While he shares his father’s passion for football, Kyle wants to follow him into the NFL but not into coaching.“My dad was always going into work super early http://www.lionscheapstore.com/austin-bryant-jersey-cheap , coming back really late at night. My mom was sort of on her own a whole lot, so I don’t know if I’d love the coaching style,” Kyle said. “But being the player, I got a great opportunity right now and obviously being a player would be amazing. It’s been my dream my whole life.”Kyle had something else the rest of this year’s QB class didn’t: access to the likes of Donovan McNabb, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy and Brandon Weeden while growing up; he’d help out at training camps in Philadelphia, St. Louis and Cleveland.And he’s met Eli Manning, of course.“I saw him at the Manning camp two years in a row and then I saw him the last game of the season after my bowl game,” Kyle said. “I went home to see my family and I actually saw Eli on the field before the game. He’s a great guy.”While both father and son are together in Indianapolis this week, they’ve only spent a few precious moments with eachother.“He’s got a job to do and I got a job to do,” Kyle said.Pat is helping general manager Dave Gettleman see if Manning’s successor is here .“He’s closer to 40 than he is to 20. That’s no mystery,” Pat Shurmur said. “And certainly, we’re going to try to do the very best we can to get the best players, especially the one that’s playing quarterback.”While Pat’s aim is to make his team better, Kyle’s is to make a team.“I want to show that I’m an accurate passer http://www.packerscheapstore.com/rashan-gary-jersey-cheap , that I’m athletic and I have a good physical build and do my best with all the running,” Kyle said. “I know that one of my weaknesses is taking off and running, so showing that I’m not really slow, I have the potential to take off and run.”The Shurmurs crossed paths on the first day of the combine when they were in the “train station,” a large room where teams conduct informal interviews with the more than 300 draft prospects in between their workouts, weigh-ins and physicals.“I was near the Giants table and saw him for a minute, which was pretty cool,” Kyle said. “He came up and gave me like a hug, bro hug, whatever you call it.”Father and son, embracing both each other and this brief time together, hoping it continues in the pros. J.D. Martinez and the Boston Red Sox keep piling up big offensive numbers – not to mention wins – against the Los Angeles Angels.

Martinez hit his major league-leading 25th home run, Rafael Devers delivered a tiebreaking double and the Red Sox beat the skidding Angels 9-6 on Wednesday night after squandering a six-run lead.

Boston (54-27) moved into first place in the AL East, a half-game ahead of the rival New York Yankees. After finishing their series with the Angels on Thursday night, the Red Sox play three games at Yankee Stadium this weekend.

The homer by Martinez capped a six-run second for the Red Sox Darnell Savage Jr. Jersey , who won for the fifth time in six games. Eduardo Nunez and Sandy Leon also went deep in the inning. Boston improved to 5-0 against the Angels this season and has outscored them 45-10 with 18 homers and a .363 batting average.

It’s the most homers by any club in a season series of six games or fewer, according to the Red Sox.

”I don’t know. That’s just what it is, really. There’s no one explanation,” Martinez said. ”Maybe we just match up well against them.”

Martin Maldonado launched a three-run homer and Ian Kinsler had a solo shot for the Angels, who lost their fifth straight and 12th in 16 games.

Los Angeles reliever Jake Jewell was carted off the field with what appeared to be a gruesome injury to his right ankle after covering the plate on a run-scoring wild pitch in the eighth.

”He’s getting evaluated, I think, at Massachusetts General,” Los Angeles manager Mike Scioscia said. ”Hopefully we’ll get an idea of what’s happening sometime tonight.”

Angels star Mike Trout went 1 for 4 as a sprained right index finger kept him as the designated hitter for the eighth consecutive game.

Devers doubled off reliever Jose Alvarez (3-3) in the seventh, putting Boston back in front 7-6, and scored on Leon’s single in a game that took 4 hours.

”It was a weird game, slow pace,” Boston manager Alex Cora said. ”I’m glad we won the game. Not a pretty game to watch.”

Matt Barnes (2-2) worked a scoreless inning. Craig Kimbrel got four outs for his 23rd save, his first of more than three outs this season.

The Angels trailed 6-0 and looked as though they were in line for another lopsided loss to Boston before they charged back with a run in the fifth on Kinsler’s homer, three in the sixth on Maldonado’s shot and two in the seventh.

”We battled back and got in the game. We’ll keep battling,” Scioscia said. ”But http://www.packerscheapstore.com/elgton-jenkins-jersey-cheap , at some point, obviously we need to put both ends together and get the pitching we need, get some early runs and get the game on our terms and we’re going to start to do things the way we can.”

Andrelton Simmons‘ RBI double off reliever Joe Kelly tied it.

Martinez’s shot went over the Green Monster in left-center, raising his big league-best RBI total to 64. In his first season with Boston, the slugger has the most home runs in Red Sox history before the end of June.

Nunez hit Andrew Heaney’s first pitch of the second into the center-field bleachers. Leon drove an inside fastball off a billboard above the Green Monster.

Boston starter Rick Porcello gave up four runs in 5 2/3 innings. Heaney was tagged for six runs in 3 1/3 innings.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Angels: INF Zack Cozart got a second opinion on his left shoulder after experiencing continued discomfort and plans to have surgery in Los Angeles soon to repair a torn labrum, the team said. … Scioscia said two-way rookie star Shohei Ohtani (sprained elbow ligament) will be re-evaluated Thursday. Three weeks ago, Ohtani’s elbow was injected with platelet-rich plasma and stem cells as he tries to avoid Tommy John surgery.

Red Sox: Cora said 2B Dustin Pedroia and knuckleballer Steven Wright will see Dr. Riley Williams III when the club is in New York to play the Yankees this weekend. Both are on the 10-day DL with left knee inflammation and had surgery performed by Dr. Williams. ”Maybe we can do something differently as far as the treatments,” Cora said about Pedroia, who has played in just three games since offseason surgery. … Drew Pomeranz threw a simulated game and Cora said the left-hander could start a rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket on Monday.

NEW ADDITION

The Red Sox signed infielder Brandon Phillips to a minor league deal. The 36-year-old veteran has played with five teams over 16 seasons.

UP NEXT

Angels: RHP Jamie Barria (5-3, 3.40 ERA) is slated to pitch the series finale Thursday. It will be his first career start against Boston.

Red Sox: LHP Brian Johnson (1-2, 4.50) takes Wright’s turn in the rotation after he went on the disabled list Tuesday.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz